Big things planned this weekend. So far we've gone apple/pumpkin picking at Jones Creek Farm and had our Halloween Party. Tonight we've got trunk-or-treat with our neighbors and tomorrow the real thing with some friends. The boys are so excited!
This what we've done so far:
Starting out. It was rainy and chilly Thursday. I was glad to have this blanket in the car for the boys. One of the owners of the farm greeted us with a friendly hello and proceeded to give us the run down. There were several wagons to choose from, and we picked the one that could hold the kids, too.
We found our way to the apple orchard. They have around 80 varieties! But they were picked back to "only" 40.
Off to scout another part of the orchard.
Helping Dada.
After apples was pumpkin time!
A view of the surrounding farms.
Helping feed the chickens. They even got to pet some!
She gave the boys balloons on the way out and this is how Reid slept most of the way home...
Last night we had our party with our friends the Wrights at their beautiful home. They really did so much work! They made lentils, salad, two quiches, and cake. I made a savory tart (thanks again, Martha Stewart) and one of our guests brought some cookies. We didn't have as many guests as we planned, but I think every one had fun.
Danika's Mom made these, aren't they cute?
I made these wine charms...
I made the chains and bought the lanterns, but Matt and Dankia did everything else!
Drakie made these!
Martha Stewart is awesome. I'm going to be her when I grow up...
Black Cat, Pterodactyl, and Astro Boy are friends!
Show me your grrrr face!
Astro Boy, portrayed by Reid, Black Cat, by Cade, Bill from L4D by Dada, and Mama all snazzed up.
A scrum!
Pumpkins for the kids to decorate.
Decorated pumpkins!
Readying his yummy quiches!
Danika wanted to do an egg hunt so my neighbor gave us all her orange eggs and I drew some faces! The boys helped us fill them. They couldn't wait to play!
Divvying up the loot...
Finally!
It is currently pouring down rain. Hopefully we will get to trunk-or-treat, but if not, we'll stay home and watch cartoons!
No comments:
Post a Comment