Monday, September 2, 2013

First Day of School 2013

Today was the first day of school for the boys for the year.  I thought I'd switch it up a little and present them with their backpacks, curriculum, school clothes and supplies all at once like a party.  They had already seen a lot of it and had been pestering me all Summer for some of it but I thought this might be a good way to get them excited about the year.

They were a little confused at first, but it didn't take them long to figure out what was going on. :)

Reid was so pleased to get "big boy" glue.

One thing they couldn't wait to get was a bunch of Laserpegs I bought on clearance at Target.

They're like Legos, only they: 

 Light up!


 Pretty sweet!


 Reid, writing the two most important words to any Kindergartener.

 He experimented with some of his craft supplies, while Cade worked some math problems with manipulatives that happen to look suspiciously like craft supplies.


 Cade's Orbit Roarbit car.

We did a science experiment using static electricity to light up a light bulb and fiddled around with other schoolish things until the boys decided they wanted to play the S.M.A.R.T. game.


 It's one of their favorite games and they learn something every time.  Today they learned what "singular" and "plural" means as well as "sum" and "difference."


Between every activity I begged to take their yearly "first day of school" photo and they finally succumbed when I told them they couldn't have lunch without a photograph.  The following is exactly what I deserve for such an atrocious lapse of maternal judgement:
 
Hey!  That's great, guys!  Let's do one more when everybody's looking at the camera.

Uh.  Guys... C'mon.

 Cade.

 
 REEiiID!

 OK.  That's it.  I give up.



1 comment:

Charity Hardin said...

Best First Day of School pics EVAH!