They did have tons of already picked apples for us to choose from. They were delicious! I made apple sauce with some and we ate the rest (except for the magical pie apples...)
One of the farm dogs. They were sweethearts!
The apple pick...
Their favorite part of the day...
It was such a beautiful day!
We even found a few woolies!
I think it's safe to say we were their last customers on the last day of U-pick apples this season. We had a great time and can't wait to go back next year!
Brandon's work had trick-or-treat again this year and we went. Reid is Lucy from Kung Fu Dino Posse and Cade is Adam Savage from Mythbusters.
Then, we came home and had a pumpkin carving party with Matt and Danika and Drakie!
Cade got to carve the top off his pumpkin all by himself!
And the very next day (yesterday) we had a Halloween Party at our house! Woohoo! We had 15 kids!
Me, Danika, and Tiffany, the hostesses. I didn't get a very good picture of my costume, I want to get Brandon to take a picture today, maybe...
We had a carnival area, with apple bobbing, a can toss game, and fishing, then we ate, the kids did a craft, and went into the woods for their magical walk, then back to the yard for story time and a pumpkin contest!
And now commences a bunch of pictures of people standing around. By this time of day, it was the only way I could get a clear picture!
Finally, a good picture of Reid, er Lucy's tail!
Getting her costume on!
A bunch of the adults dressed up, too. We had Revolutionary era dignitaries, Victorian vampires, not to mention us hostess witches and this lovely clown!
This is Cade's pirate pumpkin. He drew the face and Dada cut it out.
This is Reid's. He dictated and I carved. He loves it!
My hat. Again, I'll try to get a better picture soon.
A nice picture of the decorations Danika made. Didn't they turn out awesome?!
Our menu:
Mummy fingers (pigs in blankets), chocolate brains (chocolate shortbread cookies), i-balls (meat balls), hot cider, fungus tart, broccoli salad, halloween pumpkin seeds, potato salad, homemade Cracker Jacks, gluten-free witch cupcakes, chocolate frogs, pumpkin mousse, olives, and an assortment of wines and hard cider.
These toads were filled with either cherries, marshmallows, rice crispies, or caramel!
This is the same fungus tart by Martha Stewart I made last year. This year people actually ate it!
Danika made these darling little witch cupcakes!
Tiffany got this sweet craft put together for the kids and made this beautiful banner, too!
It's not every day you get to watch a pirate, a witch and a clown make a scarecrow craft!
Peek-a-boo!
We had the perfect Fall day and the leaves even stayed on!
When it was time to go into the woods (sorry, some of these pics are terrible!) they started with a chat with a friendly (sleepy, very, very quiet) pumpkin, who told them the fairies had been in the woods and had left them a surprise! The talking pumpkin thing worked, but I should have turned the volume up a little. None of the kids could hear it!
They walked up a sparkly path past a family of mice and their mushroom house.
This is a horrible picture, but you can see the sparkles here a little bit...
To the DONUT TREE!!! This was Tiffany's brilliant idea. The kids loved it! You can see the fairy orbs in the background of this one...
Then it was story time! This is our story area and the pumpkins for the contest. The big one on the right won!
The story teller! The kids got to eat candy during story time and got pumpkin shaped crayons for being good listeners and participating.
Today is sleeping in and cleaning up day. You should see all the mud on the floor! =) Tomorrow, we'll be trick-or-treating somewhere. No plans specifically yet, except to go by our neighbor's who begged us to come. We have had so much fun this season! And the boys are already gearing up for Christmas! (Lord help us all!)
Today is sleeping in and cleaning up day. You should see all the mud on the floor! =) Tomorrow, we'll be trick-or-treating somewhere. No plans specifically yet, except to go by our neighbor's who begged us to come. We have had so much fun this season! And the boys are already gearing up for Christmas! (Lord help us all!)




3 comments:
Beautiful Pics! You amaze me, Super Mom!!
Ok, I need to know about those chocolate frogs! Where did you get them?
Made 'em. =) I got the mold off Amazon. I melted good quality semi-sweet chocolate into them, and put either Dandies (vegan marshmallows), fleur de sel caramels (from my farmer's mkt.), gluten free rice crispies (for the gf folks), or dye free maraschino cherry chunks (for the dye-free folks). The people I know all have such weird food issues...
Post a Comment