Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Krol's Visit

After spending many beautiful, sun-filled, warm--nay... hot days in Hawai'i, we had our good buddies the Krols out as soon as we got back.  When I say "soon" I mean they were already here when we got here!  =)  They stayed the night at the Great Wolf Lodge (I'm totally jealous!) and came right up as soon as we got back.  We spent the first day getting everyone settled in and then we got down to it!  A lot of these pictures were taken by Aunt Suz.

Tuesday we went to the aquarium and on an Argosy boat tour of part of the Puget Sound.  Fortunately for us, it was cold this day.


These kids got huge all of a sudden!



You shall not pass!

 Cade, the educator...


The skyline from the boat.


Their favorite part of the boat ride!


We may have missed the seals in HI, but we saw some sea lions trying to heat up a little...

 
A quick trip to Starbucks for a snack, a potty, and a coffee.

On Wednesday we went to the zoo.  Fortunately for us, it was moderately cold that day.

They're putting in a new exhibit.  I, for one, am glad they've finally started focusing on native animals.  I can't tell you the number of times I've seen a dinosaur rummaging in my garbage and thought to myself, "Is that a Tyrannosaur or an Daspletosaurus?"  Now, with a quick trip to the zoo, I'll be able to find out.

The beginning of a very loud, grumpy trip to the zoo.  But at least we all got to eat a peanut butter sandwich.

"Hey, why are those kids so loud?"

 "Dude, get two wagons next time, pssh...Rookies!"

Oh!  Lookit a happy kid!  How'd that get in here?

A mob of meerkats!  Don't let the smiling fool you... They're animals!

"Pssst!  Murray, she's not buying it.  I told you we should have sprung for the tuxes!"

Our little amateur zoologists...  

Finally!  Peace!

Thursday was another all-day sightseeing trip in Seattle.  Brandon took the day off work and we went all over the place!  Fortunately for us, it was an unbelievably cold day!

First, we walked in the rain to the Space Needle.

The building in the foreground here is the Experience Music Project/Science Fiction Museum.  It's supposed to look like one of Jimi Hendrix's smashed guitars.  I can see it, can't you?

Cade was so upset when he couldn't be in the Krol's family picture in front of the Needle that we had to make sure and get one of him, too!

 
Inside the Needle making faces at Daddy.  He's out on the observation deck.

From there, it was just a short, rainy walk to stand in a long, rainy line at the Pacific Science Center.  We had hoped to get in to see the Star Wars exhibit here, but apparently it was an added cost and there were no tickets available for this day.  Darned Spring Break!

 
The kids had a great time anyway.  This was in the dinosaur portion.  We ate lunch in the cafe overlooking this part of the PacSci.  Reid keeps talking about "that resternaut with the dinosaurs."  He can't wait to go back.

This was in the music room part of the toddler area.  Cade and Brandon split off so I don't have any pictures of him here, but they both loved it.  There was so much here we didn't get to see.  I'd love to take them back some time when it's not so incredibly crowded!

When we left to catch our Duck Boat, the sun was out!  Fortunately, it was now extremely cold!

This here is a Duck Boat.  It drives on the road and then right into the water! 


 Reid made it through the entire downtown tour portion (barely) then we hit the water.  He asked me if he could have popcorn, I said no, and that was all she wrote.

 View of Seattle from Lake Union.

We stayed home Friday and just chilled out.  The boys did let us girls have a night out and we went to dinner and a movie.  We all went to the Museum of Flight on Saturday.

I couldn't believe how big it was.  We went on a Concord and a retried Airforce One.  The boys like this part the best!




Reid keeps wanting to go back here, too.

We were so busy!  The boys had such a great time.  They really miss Noah and Lily and Cade keeps telling me he wants to go to California and get out of the "stupid Washington rain."  Fortunately, it's been really cold here...

No comments: