Yesterday, I decided we'd better get the garden in or we'd miss our chance. We haven't had a winter, so I'm hoping we'll be out of frost danger. Dada got us a little tiller thingie. It's battery powered and does a pretty good job. We planted kale, brussels sprouts, peas, chard, spinach, lettuce, beets, and chives. There's a spot for onions, too, but that didn't happen yesterday. Dada also tilled up a spot in front of the veg garden for some flowers. I haven't decided what exactly to put there yet, but Costco has a good price on bulbs now. I bought a bunch of shade plants there and am trying to decide what to put where. It's overwhelming. Anyway, Dada also pressure washed the deck and the windows. They look great! He also washed part of the driveway. I planted the rest of Mom's bulbs (63!) and got a little crazy and cleared a patch of blackberry vines by myself... with no gloves... in short pants... and by the grace of God, I didn't need a transfusion.
About all the tilling I did. But I look hard at work, don't I?
Cade helping hoe out the footprints.
Manly work for a manly man!
Cade helping hoe out the footprints.
Manly work for a manly man!
Peanut butter and honey on wheat alfresco.
Cade demonstrating the proper way to plant chard.
Dada washing the windows. Though, this might not be a bad idea for the boys, too...
Tilling up the flower bed. The bed with the blue bucket thingie is the veg. garden all planted and ready for rain. (btw, That bucket thing is great, I highly recommend it. They even make little ones for kids. The boys thought they were too cool.)
From the driveway to the evergreen (or as Cade would say: conifer) that's all blackberry vines. And now they're gone!
We did manage to squeeze in a little fun yesterday, too:
Dada washing the windows. Though, this might not be a bad idea for the boys, too...
Tilling up the flower bed. The bed with the blue bucket thingie is the veg. garden all planted and ready for rain. (btw, That bucket thing is great, I highly recommend it. They even make little ones for kids. The boys thought they were too cool.)
From the driveway to the evergreen (or as Cade would say: conifer) that's all blackberry vines. And now they're gone!
We did manage to squeeze in a little fun yesterday, too:
Peek!
Cade decided to leave it to me to finish planting the last row of brussles spouts (so much for teaching the seeds of the mustard family...) But an R/C race car is pretty hard to compete with... Hmmm... seeds... race car... seeds... race car... which to choose... Oh! I know! I'm a 4-year-old boy. See ya!
Can you find the hidden Potato?
Garden updates as the year progresses. Hopefully we'll have a little better luck this year!
Ta!




















1 comment:
I love seeing these pics and knowing where everything is!!! Fun fun fun! And so glad we had an opportunity to visit. :)
Post a Comment