Saturday, November 21, 2009

Cade's 4th Birthday Party

We had Cade's 4th Birthday party today. The kids had a great time...

Cade asked me to make him a hat, so I did...

We had sandwiches, "pencils," veggies, fruit, Pirate's Booty, and of course, cupcakes.


These pencils came from Family Fun magazine.

Cade's new easel.

The living room. We brought up Cade's Winnie the Pooh table to do the play dough and cupcakes.


The window markers/crayons were a huge hit...


So were the balloons.

And the blow outs...




Cade and Reid fell in love with hiding under the table at Drake's Halloween party. Scotty and Sarin are joining them here.

Making play dough.



Cade and Zac were the only two who ended up with face paintings. Zac got Batman and Cade got a "B." I said, "Cade do you want the bug or the letter?" "The letter." I don't know why, but he got a capital and a lower case. Maybe it's "Birthday boy..."

Found some new candles that glow the color of the candle... You might ask where Cade was during the singing of the birthday song...


He was under the table. As soon as the singing started he feigned fright and dove under the table. He hid last year, too. Not sure what that's all about...


He did come out to blow out the candles...


After they sang, they got to decorate the cupcakes.


Caitlyn thinks the whole process is amazing...

Zac's finished creation...


Finally eating...




I wonder if Drake liked the cupcakes...

***

Aftermath:

When he opened this card he said "I wasn't espekin' this!"

We opened the gifts after everybody left...

Playing with one of the gifts (a Playdoh set)...

"Whatcha' makin', Reid?" "Tandy. Ie'en Tandy." (Candy. Halloween Candy.)









How old are you going to be, Cade?

I think the kids all had a great time. It was the first time I ever threw a party with set activities and they all seemed to like them, so I'm calling it a win!

No comments: